Monday, January 2, 2012

Musings on the Day and Stephen King

I wanted to say I was lazy and lethargic today.  I do go back to work tomorrow and I have an evening meeting after work (social).

I fixed a nice dinner and even got creative with the mushrooms. I did do some shopping and did a couple of chores around the house. So not really lazy and lethargic.

It was cold today.  It was 25 degrees when I got up at 930 this morning and warmed up to nearly 30 and at one point at about 330 the sun came out a bit. And now it has started snowing a bit.  Might make for a fun commute tomorrow.

I have been reading a lot lately. Just recently I have read Stephen King's 11/22/63 and am now reading It again.  They don't tie together really but reading the first made me want to go to the next one.  I do like Stephen King's writing.  I cannot say I always enjoy it but it is thought provoking.  I think the older I get the more I like what he writes.  We are close to the same age and I really understand what he is saying about the era that shaped our growing up, the society that got us from there to here and the nostalgia that hides the realities of our past.


We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.
Stephen King


1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to read Stephan King, I've always shied away from him because he does write very well and I get upset but I do want to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete